Helpful treatments are, unfortunately, still years away. Scientists must initially separate the particular genes, neural pathways and synapses connected with the disability and after that invent strategies to help those who are affected. Meanwhile, males are not without hope. Dr. Steiner suggests that people suffering from MTDBS follow these clinical instructions when confronted with a house repair service:
1. Nod and Frown. When your wife suggests a house repair venture, instantly begin to slowly nod your head up and down. This shows both approval of her as a person and shows your thoughtful consideration of the task she has proposed. Afterward, without more than a two or
2. Make a positive, though easy, declaration of support,
3. Search your heart out in the house enhancement self-help websites. If you end up being nauseated at their very sight, make an effort doing your search using only the light from a small desktop. Print two copies of twenty-five or even more sets of ideas, concepts, designs, drawings, and product lists. Randomly circle and highlight different parts of the first sets of programs, making builder-type notes on the pages: “May need hammer,” “Get glue” or “Screws – amazing!” Bundle up another sets of strategies, fill the wastepaper basket to overflowing and after that throw out the extras on the desk and about the floor. When your wife brings in coffee she will not say a word – it will be noticeable you participate in the serious operation of removing the scam artists who dare call themselves specialists.
4. Fall down into bed well past midnight, sighing deeply with the weight of your accountability. When your wife inquires if you have got it planned, tell her, “Absolutely. But, it is not going to be attractive. You and the children better spend the weekend at your moms. By Monday, it should be alright.” A sign of caution is in order. Ensure the lights are out at this period of the operation. Failure to perform so may endanger the whole procedure as, under severe pressure, in fact, the most efficient males discover their commonly expressionless faces betraying them.
5. Dressed in shabby jeans and an old tee shirt, wave a hammer at your wife as she backs out of the driveway. Shut the door, fasten the chain and put the deadbolt. Tossing the hammer aside, move to the basement and shut down the automated door opener. OK, proceed – smile as you roam past the anticipating task, however still not quite confident what the finished project will appear to be. Detour through the kitchen, grabbing a cold one from the fridge as you pass, and open the back door. “Bernie! My favorite carpenter.” Point Bernie and his team toward the job – after that, go back and enjoy as the wonder of craftsmanship displays before your absurd eyes.
Is there a remedy in the offing for Multi-Thumb Dysfunctional Brain Syndrome? Researchers are doubtful. They do, nevertheless, want to noticeably enhance the performance of sufferers. “Our goal,” says Dr. Steiner, “is to eliminate the preconception of embarrassment from males who now work at the level of young baboons.” She states early results are promising and, “If all works out, we might someday be capable to provide these poor men the hope of working at the cognitive level of moderately smart chimpanzees.” Godspeed, Dr. Steiner – Godspeed.